I have been dancing and performing since the age of 3. Starting of with classical ballet, jazz and tap. As a young adult I moved to Japan and started competing in Street Dance and Hip Hop competitions. From there I continued my jazz and classical dance training in South Italy.
I returned home in the late 90’s and entered the world of Dance therapy, emerging as a new age Contemporary Dancer.
I completed my Dance certificate 4 and have since danced with two Contemporary companies, and been strongly involved in many community dance projects… as a Student, Dancer, and a Teacher, as well as venturing into Circus Arts and Capoeira.
I am currently teaching for Funky Moves Dance Studio, and continuing my Diploma in Cecchetti Ballet.
Education and Training
- 2007 – 2010 Contemporary and Classical Ballet training with Natasha Middleton and Nina Jeftic.
- 2008 Received Honours, and an Honourable Mention in my Intermediate Cecchetti Ballet Exam, and also received an Examination Scholarship.
- 2004 – 2007 Byron Bay Summer Intensives. Contemporary Technique and Wu-Shu Martial Arts, with Jen Murray. (Canada’s up-coming contemporary Artist Award Winner, 02, 03).
- 2005 Trained in Auckland with the Oteramarama Dance Theater Company, Tane Mahuta Grey was the Artistic director at the time.
- 2002 – 2004 Completed Dance Certificate 2 and 4 at the North Coast Conservatorium of Arts.
- 2000 – 2002 Studies of Dance Therapy traveling extensively with Credited Antara Leyola, facilitating Emotional Body Release workshops throughout Australia.
- 1999 Trained with Janis Claxton. Contemporary release.
- 1998 I studied Ballet and Jazz in an Academy of dance, South Italy.
- 1982 – 1992 Grade 1 – 6 RAD Classical Ballet, with Karen Island. Tap and Lyrical.
During this time I competed in Extedfords throughout NSW.
- 2008, 04, 03, 02 Big Feet Little Feet. Byron Bay Dance Showcase, sponsored by NORPA.
- 2004, Dancer for the Oteremarama Dance Theater Company.
- 2007, 2004 Tales from the City 1 and 2. Directed by Michael Henesy and Jen Murray.
- 2003 Dancer for Mantis Dance Theatre, a community sponsored contemporary dance company directed by Donna Ahmadi of Polabolis Dance Company. New York.
- 2003 Girl Guru the Musical. A Southern Cross University production.
- 2002, 2003 North Coast Conservatorium presentations, directed by Michael Henesy.
- 2002, 2003 Lismore City Business Awards.
- 1998 Tokyo Zeal. Hip Hop, Street Dance Competition. 2nd place Winner. Japan.
- 2008 Contemporary teacher, Funky moves Dance Studio, Lismore.
- 2006 Contemporary teacher, Motueka School of Dance NZ.
- 2003 Hip Hop Teacher, Bangalow Public School.
- 2003 Urban Street Rural Beat, North Coast community dance project, to facilitate hip hop and break dance workshops in isolated. Funded by NORPA and the Australian Arts council.